Wikipedia Trail: From Trojan War to Warring States Period

                                                   Burning of Troy



Trojan War

I am doing my Storybook Project on the women of The Iliad, which of course means I would be writing about the Trojan War. I wanted to learn a bit more about it, because although my stories did not focus on the Trojan War itself, you can never know too much about Greek mythology.

 

Apple of Discord

The Apple of Discord is what started the Trojan War, although most attribute it to Helen running away with Paris. The only mention of the Apple of Discord in my Storybook Project is one line in the story of Helen. Eris, the goddess of strife, used it to cause, well, strife between Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite.

 

Killing Three Warriors With Two Peaches

This was in the see also tab of the above article. I clicked on it because it is an extremely interesting title. Duke Jing of Qi had three generals. Yan Ying, who considered the three generals arrogant, presented them with two peaches, saying the greatest two would get the peaches. The generals killed themselves out of shame when they tried to get the peaches for themselves.

 

Warring States Period

I clicked this one because it sounded a little like something that could be in Game of Thrones. There were a lot of people involved in the Warring States Period, and the king of Zhou merely served as a figurehead. I enjoyed reading this article (although it was extremely long!). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a WGS Major

Week 7 Story: Brer Fox and the River