Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Odyssey 

Week 4: Cupid and Psyche 

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Brer Rabbit 

Week 9: China (Folktales)

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: California/Southwest

Week 11: Great Plains

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: King Arthur 

Week 13: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Ashliman 

Week 15: Hunt

I am very excited about the Celtic Tales and King Arthur. My family is Celtic, and I have always loved the legends about the Once and Future King. I think I will also enjoy seeing how fairytales such as Red Riding Hood and Snow White differ in the Grimm version versus what I know. 
Celtic Triskele , said to represent many things, such as the physical, mental, and spiritual self, or the three aspects of the Goddess--maiden, mother, crone. I chose this image because it was the first one my mind went to when thinking of Celtic myths. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a WGS Major

Week 7 Story: Brer Fox and the River