Storybook Plan

 I am planning on doing more of an anthology than anything else with these stories. First story will be the story of Helen.

Information about Helen

Story of Helen



Second will be Cassandra

Information on Cassandra

Cassandra and Troy

Third will be Andromache

Information on Andromache 

Information on Epirus

Women in the Iliad

Information about Andromache

I am probably going to go third person limited point of view here, just because I want to tell their stories from their point of view, but I do not want to do first person. I feel like first person would take away a little bit of the 'ancient myth' vibe from their stories, and I do not want to do that. 

I feel like a lot of people ignore the women when they think about The Iliad or The Odyssey. It is easy to do. Homer did not make them front and center the way he did the men. They were not the focus of the story. I want to tell their stories here. I picked these three because I feel like their stories are extremely tragic. I debated going with Circe, but that would pull The Odyssey into my Storybook and I did not want to have to pull from two separate stories. Also, the book Circe by Madeline Miller is fantastic, and I feel like she does an amazing job of telling Circe's story from her point of view. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a WGS Major

Week 7 Story: Brer Fox and the River